Advertisement

Lego Buying on Bricklink v. Bulk: Comparison and Tips

Lego Buying on Bricklink v. Bulk: Comparison and Tips Needed a few window pieces, so i thought I would compare my recent trip to Bricks & Minifigs buying in bulk, to this order from Bricklink. I got about 5 gallons of bulk for $150, but had to spend $65 to get about one gallon on Bricklink. As I have noted before, you always get what you want on Bricklink, but this cost is clearly more than double. However, to build a MOC it is often necessary to buy exactly those pieces you need and Bricklink has been my go to although I know there are other options out there such as Brick Owl (which I may need to give a shot at - it will be interesting to see if the vendors and prices are the same).

Due to the cost associated with Bricklink, it remains my advice to watch your shipping costs. However, with this last order, I noted that buying 2x bricks as opposed to 1x bricks can often be cheaper for the coverage you get. However, many builds do not require 2x bricks, so you will have to determine what you really need first. For castles and other thicker walled builds, 2x would be ideal. they work great for my MOC of the Boston Building because a 1x wall would have made my 11 story building quite weak. One other suggestion, if exact length is not an issue, is watch the price difference for each additional stud - sometimes buying longer is relatively cheaper for the number of studs you get.

Anyway, on with the building until this shipment of windows runs out.

Lego,Bricklink,bulk,tips,comparison,

Post a Comment

0 Comments