Advertisement

WW1 One Hundred & One Soldier Sculptures (Short Version)

WW1 One Hundred & One Soldier Sculptures (Short Version) This is the 'short version' of my video of an evocative WW1 silhouette soldier display high above the M40 motorway.

Dan Barton (a local Artisan) placed 101 WW1 soldiers along with poppies on the hillside above the M40 motorway near Stokenchurch, with the permission of the Aston Rowant Nature Reserve. Thousands of motorists will not fail to miss this as they head up through the cutting towards London. It's a powerful reminder for the young lives lost, in the great war and WW2 etc.

I briefly heard about it on local TV and took my cameras up on the following two evenings. With darkness falling and photography completed, it started to rain heavily and by chance, I turned around to look back. The soldiers were backlit by car head and tail lights from the motorway, way below. Wow! I thought as I rapidly extracted my camera with its 16-80 Fuji lens, dropped it on my tripod and fired away getting soaked in the process as I captured my favourite photo. After leaving, I ran across the field in the dark with backpack and tripod and promptly slid over in the mud. Hahaha, but at least I got the shot!
Hope you enjoy the video!

Music 'Val_Holla' by Geographer from The YouTube Music Library.

Cameras used - Fuji XT3 with 10.24mm, 16-80mm and 55-200m lenses. Most videoing on GoPro Hero 7 + Saramonic Mic



co.uk

http://www.nigelharper.com,https://www.instagram.com/artynutz/,https://www.M40soldiers. co.uk,Soldier sculptures,Aston Rowant,Stokenchurch,WW1 soldier sculptures,Sculptures by Dan Barton,Evocative WW1 sculptures,Rememberance,Armistice Day 2019,Royal british legion,FujiXT3 camera,Fuji XF 16-80mm lens,

Post a Comment

0 Comments