Check out our merch! - My second channel -
Patreon -
As we headed home through Texas, I knew I had to fly with some wind turbines. Obviously, these things are built in areas that have high winds so I was stoked to find a relatively calm morning to fly.
Although the ground winds were dead, I immediately realized that the winds aloft were cooking! There was also a dramatic temperature difference as you climbed into the strong wind.
As soon as I made it to the wind turbines, I encountered some unpredictable turbulence. It wasn't coming from the turbines as I was still upwind of them. My best guess was mixing from wind sheer and/or the huge temperature difference.
The turbulence alone wasn't enough to me feel uncomfortable but multiple things stacking up led me to fly back home. First, the wind turbines are a major obstacle. Hitting one (or getting hit by one) would not be good. Second, the strong winds aloft were going to make it harder for me to get home and were constantly blowing me towards the wind turbines. Third, the turbulence felt big and very unpredictable. All three of these factors made me feel like it was time to head back. I could imagine the worst case scenario being a collapse from the turbulence, reserve throw, I get blown down wind, and swatted out of the sky by a wind turbine. Hopefully in the future I can fly with wind turbines again but with much less wind!
Facebook -
Instagram -
Website -
Want to learn how to fly?? - Aviator PPG is where I learned to fly over 6 years ago. Not only will you gain the foundation of skill and knowledge required to excel in this incredible sport, you will join the family of Aviators! Sign up for training with the link below. Don't forget to mention my name on the drop down for a free t-shirt from www.tuckergott.com upon securing your spot! -
Gear:
Helmet Camera -
Helmet Bluetooth -
Ground Camera -
Microphone -
Tripod -
Fuel Can - and
Best PPG Book -
Espresso Machine -
Grinder -
Music by Epidemic Sound. Try it for free here! -

0 Comments