I Was Bullied For Growing Up In The Circus! Subscribe Channel ►
Hello, I’m Matt and I’m 16 years old. To say I have lived a bit of an alternative lifestyle would be an understatement! You see, I didn’t exactly grow up the way other kids did. What seemed weird to other people, was always just the norm for me…until one day when I wished more than anything that I could just have had a normal life!!
When you’re a teenager the last thing you want is to stand out. Everyone just wants to fit in and have friends. Well, I quickly came to realise that I was no different. I was a circus kid. Both my mom and dad worked in the circus and I was even born backstage while the circus was travelling around the country! As a kid it was like the dream life! Every day was full of colour and laughter and my dad’s an actual clown! That’s his job! Most kids only see clowns once a year at their birthday parties, but I saw one every single day and looking back, I can see why I was so care-free and happy! But unfortunately, things began to change the older I got…
When I was 15 my parents decided I needed to attend a proper high school. We circus kids were schooled at the circus by a few different teachers, but my parents felt it was important that I make the transition into the school system before I went off to college. I won’t lie…I was nervous. I had lots of friends and was a fairly popular kid, but they were all circus kids like me! I’d never hung out with someone who wasn’t the son or daughter of an acrobat or clown or ringmaster.
So that’s how I found myself sitting in a classroom full of strangers. I was the new kid and for the first few days everything was fine. I didn’t have anyone to eat lunch with, but I knew it would just take time to make friends. After a few days we had our first physical education class of the year, and I was pretty excited! I’m not the most academic, but when it comes to anything physical, I’m your guy! And believe it or not, that day we were starting a gymnastics class. I don’t know what came over me but before the class even started, I just started doing some backflips on the mats that were laid out. Suddenly the room went silent and everyone was staring at me. Of course, that was the exact moment that our teacher Mr. Sweeny walked into the room and asked me what on earth I was doing. I stopped, brushed my hair out of my eyes, and straightened up.
...

0 Comments