I live in an apartment in Southern California where it gets really really (desert) hot during the day, but in the evenings, it gets cooler. So since we aren't allowed to put up permanent screen doors, I went out and purchased a screen door with magnets, but the magnets weren't strong enough to hold the screen from coming open all the time, so I couldn't enjoy the cool summer evenings with the door open. I decided I need to come up with something so I could do just that (and save some money by turning off the AC), and here's my creation. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Thank you for visiting my channel. Please remember to give me a THUMBS UP, LIKE and SUBSCRIBE. My apologies for the babies in the background at 14:24 mins. I totally forgot to mute my camera while recording. At 7:43 mins, I'm actually recording my voice to the video I did at home. My door is not 90" long. It's 80" long, but I needed the extra inches to fold for the rods.
Materials
Walmart: 7/8 dowel; glitter glue; krylon gray primer, krylon black gloss, 2 swivel curtain rods
Hobby Lobby: 1.51"x15' floral ribbon (bling)
Dollar Tree: small sponge brush, shine + finish hair spray to set glitter glue on to screen, cutter with 5 blades or exacto knife, star wars placemats, white cardboard
Home: a lot of the items listed above, I actually had at home, but I listed where I originally purchased them, glue gun, glue sticks, cordless screwdriver, screen material

0 Comments