Advertisement

Cold weather, good food day 6: finally the good stuff!

Cold weather, good food day 6: finally the good stuff! Day 1:
Day 2:
Day 3:
Day 4-5:

The good weather that had been forecast kept shifting backwards, so I stayed a day longer to finally get the good stuff. It worked. The last day of my trip gave glorious autumn weather, calm seas, and one by one the reefs were shaken out of my sail. Sometimes the weather cooperates, sometimes it doesn’t, but I made the best of this trip, and a big part of the fun is to deal with the conditions.
I’ve made it to the Danish South sea twice now, and next will be a new area. I’d still like to go around the island of Fun, but then it will have to be a racing/challenge trip. The distance is about 220 kilometers (100 miles) so it is doable in a week, but it needs good weather, and understanding and timing of the tides.
For next season we’re planning a trip on the Weser, as a gathering trip to the Internationales Segelcriterium in Bremen. Further, hopes are to travel to Corsica or similar as a mile making trip together with Axel (designer of my Artemis canoe). We’ll see…
----
My boat:
Design by Axel Schmid
Artemis Sailing Canoe:

My rig (lugsail cruising rig with carbon mast, and Mylar laminate sail with aluminum mast):
Design by Michael Storer


Music from Epidemic Sound.

sailing,canoe,building,boat,kayak,kano,zelfbouw,kit,artemis,dokkum,homebuild,

Post a Comment

0 Comments