Advertisement

How to differentiate Accountability and Responsibility?

How to differentiate Accountability and Responsibility? The two words often mistakenly used as the same meaning are ACCOUNTABILITY and RESPONSIBILITY. But they have a different meaning and this difference is very important.

Not living a life of accountability means you are not ready to be accountable for anything or anyone in life. Living life with reservations like being scared of not being able to give my 100% or if I don’t do what was asked to do, there are chances that I may lose respect. So, fundamentally I am governed by fear. Not being accountable involves fear. But once I decide to take accountability I will push my limits only to get things done because now the fear is that ‘I don’t want to lose face’ or ‘I don’t want to fail’.

Whereas ‘Responsibility’ is much higher than accountability.

Responsibility is anything and everything. It has the possibility of bringing out greatness in all of us. There may be some who feel responsible towards the environment and take up resolutions like keeping the city green and clean and playing their part as much as possible.

Accountability brings in selfishness, while responsibility brings a sense of purity. Being accountable means being sincere but being responsible can be a boon to humanity.

In accountability the mission and vision is very small but in responsibility the mission is to uplift the whole. It definitely requires some sacrifices and prioritizing things.

Life begins with accountability but the best comes out when we start feeling responsible for something.

A beautiful question to ask ourselves today …”What am I responsible for?”

Responsibility?

Post a Comment

0 Comments