Advertisement

Meaning of THE SAME OLD and THE SAME OLD STORY - A Short English Lesson with Subtitles

Meaning of THE SAME OLD and THE SAME OLD STORY - A Short English Lesson with Subtitles READ ALONG TO PRACTICE YOUR ENGLISH AND TO LEARN THE MEANING OF THE SAME OLD AND THE SAME OLD STORY: So in English, we have this phrase, the same old, that we use when we're talking about something that doesn't change. So if you've ever noticed, I usually wear the same old coat every time I make a video if it's winter, and I wear the same old jacket all the time in my videos when the weather's a little bit warmer. When I make videos, I always use the same old microphone and the same old phone to make my videos. By the way, I use my phone, this is my phone, to make these videos. So in English, when you say that you use the same old something, or you do the same old whatever, it just means that it's something that you do over and over again, that you repeat. So, I don't know if you've noticed this, but I always wear the same old blue shirts as well. Any shirt that I wear for work has to have a collar, and I like it to have buttons where the collar buttons down, and I like it to have a little bit of blue in it. So I wear the same old shirts all the time.

We have another phrase that extends on this, and that's when you say the same old story. And this is when you talk about someone else. So maybe you have an uncle who never has any money, and someone says to you, did you go out to eat with your uncle? And you could say, yes, but it was the same old story. Uncle Joe didn't have any money with him, so I had to pay for the meal. So when you say the same old story, it means that someone's behavior is the same as it always is. So Uncle Joe never has money. It's always the same old story. Anyways, Bob the Canadian here, and you're learning English with me. I hope you're having a great day.

WANT MORE ENGLISH LESSONS? GO TO YOUTUBE AND SEARCH, "BOB THE CANADIAN"

#englishlesson #englishteacher #learnenglish

---



⌛ Be sure to watch the video TWICE today and ONCE tomorrow to reinforce the English that you have learned!



---



✅ SUBSCRIBE RIGHT HERE:



---



✅ Looking for longer English lessons? My other channel is right here:


yt:cc=on,learn english,english lesson,the same old,meaning of the same old,the same old story,meaning of the same old story,

Post a Comment

0 Comments