Advertisement

I am a BREXITEER but 'the EU has also done many GOOD THINGS' - Tory MP Lee Rowley

I am a BREXITEER but 'the EU has also done many GOOD THINGS' - Tory MP Lee Rowley Lee Rowley has been re-elected as the Member of Parliament for North East Derbyshire. He received 28,897 votes compared to Labour's 16,021. The smaller parties accounted for just short of 4,300 votes between them.

Back in the House of Commons, Lee Rowley explained his "balanced view" on Brexit.

"The European Union is not the panacea ​for everything in this country, but I also say that it has done many good things.

I am someone who believes in the values of openness, tolerance, inclusivity, being welcoming, wanting to be internationalist and wanting to work with countries all across the world and in Europe.

I am also a Brexiteer.

Even if people profoundly disagree with me, I think that an intellectual case can be made for being both. What those who advocate liberalism in this place must consider is that their conflation of those values with remaining will do their cause a great disservice over the long term."

#Brexit
#LeeRowley
#EuropeanUnion

Rowley

Post a Comment

0 Comments